- Mobilize and rally the support of African youth towards the implementation of the SDGs in Africa.
- Create and maximize space for the participation of young people in the implementation of the SDGs at the national level in Africa.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for the participation and reporting on young people in the Voluntary National Reviews (NVRs) on the SDGs at the High Level Political Forum (HLPF).
- Facilitate dialogue between African Youth, youth organizations, civil society organizations, national governments and policy makers to enhance accountability and good governance.
- To research, advocate and influence youth policies and programmes at the national level.