Organizational Structure and Management
The 2030 Youth Alliance shall have Continental Steering Committee made of Country Representatives of the accredited alliance members. Five (5) Co-chairs shall be elected to provide leadership and oversight responsibility over the alliance. The alliance shall have a permanent secretariat that will coordinate, communicate and share information regarding activities of the alliance. The alliance shall also create online database of alliance members and regularly update and post resources, information and share SDGs related opportunities.
The Continental Steering Committee is the highest decision-making body of the alliance. The steering committee will be made up of Country Representatives of alliance.
- Five (5) Co-Chairs shall be elected out of the steering committee. At least two of the co-chairs must be a female. The maximum age is 35.
- The Co-chairs shall provide leadership and oversight responsibility on the alliance
- The Co-chairs shall support the Country Representatives in the discharge of their duties
- The Co-chairs shall identify and liaise with other CSOs and development partners in furtherance of the mission of the alliance
- The Co-chairs shall engage and attend high-level meetings with governments, policy makers and other continental/global meetings on the SDGs.
- The Co-chairs shall serve for a period of two years for only a term.
- The alliance shall have a permanent secretariat that will provide administrative role and coordination of the alliance. The secretariat shall be hosted by Youth Advocates Ghana (YAG) based in Nsawam, Ghana.
- The secretariat shall be led by the coordinator who shall communicate and coordinate activities of Country representatives and shall represent the Alliance in meetings and interface between the alliance and the Co-chairs.
- The coordinator shall compile annual activity calendar and assist Country Coordinators with information and networks to execute their plans.
- The coordinator shall prepare annual reports and submit to the alliance congress each year at the sideline of the African Youth SDGs Summit.